Movies are not only a source of entertainment but also “the” mirror of our lives. They “Read” our brains, “Reflect” our thoughts, “Re-frame” our memories and “Reach-out” to the deepest corner of our hearts. Will Smith in “Hitch” very well quoted: “Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it’s the moments that take your breath away.” To keep apace with that spirit I’m sharing my top 10 “Eureka” movie moments, which took my breath by surprise. So, fasten your seat belt and get ready for some words of wisdom.
1. All I can say is that My Ambition Far Exceeded My Talent. #Blow
2. Hope is a good thing. Probably the best of things and no good thing ever dies. #TheShawshankRedemption
3. Ernest Hemingway once wrote: The world is a fine place and worth fighting for. I agree with the second part. #Se7en
4. What if someone you never met, someone you never saw, someone you never knew, was the only someone for you? #SleeplessInSeattle
5. Not a lot of people know what it feels like to be angry, in your bones. I mean, they understand, foster parents, everybody understands, for awhile. Then they want the angry little kid to do something he knows he can’t do, move on. So after awhile they stop understanding. They send the angry kid to a boys home. I figured it out too late. You gotta learn to hide the anger, practice smiling in the mirror. It’s like putting on a mask. #TheDarkKnightRises
6. Some people can’t believe in themselves until someone else believes in them first. #GoodWillHunting
7. I’d imagine the whole world was one big machine. Machines never come with any extra parts, you know. They always come with the exact amount they need. So I figured if the entire world was one big machine. I couldn’t be an extra part. I had to be here for some reason. #Hugo
8. Most people live on a path we set from them. Too afraid to explore any other. But once in a while people like you come along who knock down all the obstacles we put in your way. People who realize free will is a gift, you never know how to use until you fight for it. I think that’s the chairman’s real plan that may be one day we won’t write the plan, you will. #TheAdjustmentBureau
9. When Things got hard, you started looking for something to blame. Like a Big Shadow. Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that! I’m always gonna love you, no matter what. No matter what happens. You’re my son and you’re my blood. You’re the best thing in my life. But until you start believing in yourself, you ain’t gonna have a life. #Rocky Balboa
And finally the best at last, my favorite:
10. I love that you get cold when it’s seventy-one degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you’re looking’ at me like I’m nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it’s not because I’m lonely. And it’s not because it’s New Year’s Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. #WhenHarryMetSally
Those were mine but what about yours? Share your favorite dialogues here with me in comment section.
P.S. Read my previous post on Favorite Lines From Movies for more.